So, the reason I started this blog was so I could document my own day to day journey in living a naturally supernatural lifestyle in the hope that it would be an encouragement to others. Basically that means living life listening to the promptings of the Holy Spirit during your day to day life and then being courageous and responding to whatever it may be!
This series is about the KEY things that have helped me move forward in my day to day walk with God and I’m hoping that they will be encouragements for you to step out and do some scary but exciting things with God.
Did you know as a Christian there is an invitation with your name on it?
When you became a Christian God had already got plans for your life…
Jer 29:11 ‘For I know the plans I have for’ declares the Lord. ‘Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future’.
The most exciting and astounding thing is that he wants you to partner with him in these plans and for you to live a naturally supernatural life listening carefully to his voice. He will lead you through your day and will communicate with you about the things he wants you to do or say to people and then he wants you to act upon them!
Maybe you’re thinking…
Could God use little old me? Why would he choose to use me? What on earth have I got to offer?
The answer to these thoughts and possible doubts is that God can most certainly use you if you will allow him to. In just the same way as Jesus used the disciples who were ordinary men doing ordinary jobs like fishing.
As his disciples we are called to go…
Matt 10: 7 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay’.
That may all sound a little scary but on a much simpler note the father wants us to see the person in front of us through his eyes of love and see what they need in that moment.
What love looks like for that person will vary from individual to individual and may be a cup of coffee, a kind word, encouragement, prayer or even a clean pair of socks. God wants us to live intentionally and to be on the lookout for people we can bless as we go about our daily lives. This is going to look different for all of us as we go to school, college, work, in our family, friendships etc.
You may not know this but YOU have your own unique ‘sphere of influence’ that nobody else has. You encounter a group of people and situations every day in your sphere of influence that nobody else will and in the words of Joyce Meyer;
‘You are ‘God’s plan A for this world’.
There are a few key principles to being used by God:
- Time. Spending time listening to Papa because he is communicating with you all the time (although you may not be sure how at the moment). Put time into developing a deep and intimate relationship with him. One of the best ways to grow in hearing from God is through your time with the father in the ‘secret place’. That place you spend time with God that nobody else sees except him. Soaking is also a great way to hear from God as you spend time in his presence with no agenda other than to be with him and you simply listen, with no distractions.
- Be willing. Being willing to let him guide you, he is such a gentleman he will not bully or coerce you into partnership with him.
- Trust. Also trusting that all his plans for you are good and he wants the best for your life so he won’t lead you into something that will be anything other than to develop you and your relationship with him. You have to trust that he is going to be there every time you are in a situation where you require courage or a word for the person standing in front of you.
- Obedience. Being obedient and doing what God is asking you to do. This often requires 20 seconds of outrageous courage as you feel him asking you to do something that is outside your comfort zone. The pressure is off you as all you need to do is be obedient to what he’s asking and thankfully the outcome is not dependant on you.
- Courage. Live courageously, being available to step out to ‘do the stuff’ he is asking you to do. Pray for lots of 20 second bursts of courage to enable you to take the step of faith each time it’s required. Every time you do that you are building your relationship with the father as you have to lean into him, knowing that without him you can do nothing.
Zech 4:6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.
Get ready to embark on the most exciting journey of your life. This is what You are called to do as his precious sons and daughters.
Do you want to go on an adventure with God?
Take time and really consider the question. Then talk to God and tell him you are available and you want him to use you!
THEN GET READY BECAUSE HE WILL!
How to hear from God? Coming next in this series….
What’s your Key? Series
Part 1 You’re Invited
Part 2 My Sheep Hear My Voice
Part 3 Is That You God?
Part 4 Stepping Out
Part 5 Choose to live…Courageously
Part 6 Who’s your Courage Buddy?
Part 7 The Small Stuff Matters
Part 8 Mirror, Mirror On The Wall
Part 9 You Are More Than Your Likes